Examples of the types of buildings that can significantly benefit form the DSH System:
- Community centers and government buildings.
- Warehousing, an ideal DSH solution.
- Offices, Storage, De-Icing driveways
- Box Retail and shopping malls
- Schools and retirement centers
- Recreational centers, pools
- Airports and aircraft hangars
- Gymnasiums and drill halls
- Hospitals, Hotel & Motels
- Waste Treatment
- Water Desalination
Most of these building are slab-near-grade or slab on basement, with perimeter insulated sub-walls, This is ideal and very little has to be updated.
Piers or piles present no significant issues. In addition, manufacturing can utilize the DSH system for process heating and pre-heating.
Businesses that require heat can include Car Wash’s, Laundry, and process heating.
Carbon Free Heat that can offset much or all of your heating and hot water energy expenses, every year.
- Reducing carbon based heating & hot water costs by 50 to 100%, depending upon location, and design.
- Reducing your Greenhouse Gas& emissions footprint, possibly generating future carbon credits.
- Quiet, comfortable, dust free operation for heating and hot water.
Locking down the ever escalating heating & hot Water energy costs
Current Expectations for the initial Calgary target market indicates saving in the order of 50-75% of all heating and hot water over a typical year.
Read our white paper modeling the above system here
Costs vary somewhat depending on location, size, type, roof space and orientation. It also varies with loading, for instance the inclusion of a swimming pool can greatly affect the solar panel requirements. There is no rule of thumb for pricing. In reality the DSH system is often seen by governing bodies as the offset backup heating system.
Some legislative bodies also provide grants or other encouragement to reduce Carbon Emissions
Backup heating infusion is required by code, and this is designed to manage all heating & H/W needs at highest demand times. Backup can take the form of high efficiency demand heating, or boiler or in some locations a heat pump.
The net result for the customer will be: no furnace or ducting, Dust free and super quiet operation.
Add to this, much lower annual energy costs, a huge reduction in GHG (Greenhouse Gasses),
We consider the DSH system to be primary, and boiler heat to be backup, however; to be clear, the boiler backup is is considered primary in the eyes of regulators.