A new roadmap called SolTherm2050 shows how much of a role solar heat combined with thermal storage could play in Switzerland in 2050. Using the Swiss EnergyScope tool, the developers of the roadmap simulated a variety of scenarios with and without solar thermal. In addition, over half of their 117-page study revolves around market barriers and how to overcome them. The national Swissolar association considers the report an important element for charting a path forward. “We will use the study as a basis for our association’s solar thermal strategy. Our plan is to set up an internal working group for this purpose in spring,” said Swissolar Managing Director David Stickelberger.
- Now the question is: Do they really need a Chimney?
- Rich Countries Agree to Pay for Climate Damages in Poor Nations
- Solar thermal technologies deployed in around 400 million dwellings by 2030 Part of Technology and innovation pathways for zero-carbon-ready buildings by 2030
- BUILDEX 2022 Calgary Alberta – Come Visit Us.
- REF: Energy independence: how large-scale solar heat frees European cities from fossil fuels